Monday, February 10, 2014

Valentine's Day Activities!

I've been putting off this post because I have soooo many Valentine activities to post. But if I want to remember them next February, I have got to save this.  Some of these activities are not my own.  I follow an awesome SLP the peachie speechie.  She posts and creates (with the help of her husband) some pretty awesome activities on a website I discovered last month teachers pay teachers. Her activities are all free to download.  You can search for so many things from different categories, grades, subjects, OT, ST, PT etc.  I love it!  Here are some of the activities The Peachie Speechie created for Valentines Day that I am also using. 

Valentine Heart Challenge

 
Above: This is still a work in progress, but will be finished tomorrow. For the kids that can't have candy hearts: I created this and am going to create a border and copies.  There are sticker candy hearts at Target in the clearance isle for $1.00 each!  The kids can place the stickers on top of the hearts. <3
  

I downloaded, printed off and laminated this Valentine Hearts Challenge for my speech kiddos.  The hearts are the perfect size for candy hearts (or there are also foam hearts at Target if you don't want the kiddos eating candy).  I also bought some fuzzy sticks and beads to create bracelets with the girls for every correct production. 

Love Monster
 
 
This book is simply adorable.  And right now, it's less than $8 at Barnes & Noble!  "Everybody loves cute, fluffy things. You know, like kittens and bunnies and puppies. But nobody loves a slightly hairy, I-suppose-a-bit-googly-eyed monster...do they? Come along with Monster as he looks for love-high, low...and even middle-ish.  This heart-tingling, let's-cuddle-up-together story is about how sometimes, when you least expect it, love finds you."  <3 Seriously cute book people... So after reading this book, I printed off activities The Peachie Speechie created!  Check them out and download them from her TeachersPayTeachers.com page! 
 
 


First page: shows what is included in the packet, what you can work on with your kids.





 
 
VALENTINE GUESS WHO
 
 
I printed off this activity from Teachers Pay Teachers.  It's great for asking/answering WH questions, descriptions, identifying/labeling, articulation etc..
 
PINK DIY PUFFY PAINT
 
Check out my previous post about DIY Puffy Paint to see instructions and ingredients.  I have plenty of leftover puffy paint from my daughter's "100 days of school" activity she used it for.  I'm now going to use it this week with my speech patients, and my own children while painting hearts on construction paper.  <3
 
Happy Valentine's Day y'all!
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment